It is estimated that by 2020, as much as 10 billion dollars will have been made in medical marijuana sales. So it will be important to adhere to governmental guidelines when you create packaging labels for your medical marijuana products.
Marijuana is said to be effective in combating the symptoms of many diseases. Some of these conditions include: Alzheimer’s, Crohn’s disease, Parkinson’s, and arthritis to name a few. California, Maine, Massachusetts, and Nevada have approved the legalization of recreational marijuana. In addition, Arkansas, Florida, and North Dakota have passed the use of marijuana for medical uses.
Here is a list of warnings that at least one state requires on their commercial marijuana.
- Habit Forming: Marijuana has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming and addictive.
- Impaired Abilities: Marijuana can impair concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug. Please use extreme caution.
- Health Risks: There is limited information on the side effects of using this product, and there may be associated health risks. Marijuana should not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Age: For use only by adults twenty-one and older. Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
- Resale/Transfer: This product is for medical use only, not for resale or transfer to another person. It is a illegal for any person to possess or consume the contents of the package other than the qualifying patient.
- Medical Use Only: This medical cannabis is for therapeutic use only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Schedule I controlled substance.
- For medical use only.
- The intoxicating effects of this product may be delayed by up to two hours.
- This product has not been analyzed or approved by the FDA.
- Keep secured at all times.
- This product may be unlawful outside of [state of origin].
This is only a very small list of suggested information to include on your medical marijuana / medical cannabis labels. If you have a need for printed medical marijuana labels, it is best for you to contact us here at United Label Corporation so we can answer your questions directly.