Labels enhance the product they are displaying. Therefore, many times, there are flaws with the label, hindering the product’s success. Thus, avoiding mistakes is the key to labeling error proofing.
Common Labeling Mistakes
- The label or a portion of the label is illegible. The label is returned to the manufacturer if it is not legible. Therefore, the label will not sell.
- Label is not complete. Parts of the label are missing, such as nutritional facts or important information about the product or perhaps a bar code, it is incomplete. An incomplete label will not sell and not promote products correctly.
- Proper materials not used for label. The biggest mistake a manufacturer can make is using the wrong material for their product. Therefore, this may result in label failure rendering the product unsellable or causing expensive and time consuming rework. Your label manufacturer should always inquire about the product application and storage conditions to determine what is required of your label’s performance.
- Nutrition and ingredient facts are incorrect. The product is illegitimate if not all the ingredients listed on the label are used. In addition, all nutrition facts about the food or item must be listed to inform all consumers of what the product contains. If this information is incorrect, the product will not be sold.
- Instructions on label are incorrect or unclear. Many times, labels give instructions on how to use a product. In addition, if the instructions are not clear, the product will not sell successfully. Also, if part of the instructions is missing, the label is then not complete.
- Removed Label Warning and Cautions. Remove the warning and a product safety issue will ensue. However, a lawsuit may occur if someone uses the item without knowledge of possible dangers.Cautions are essential to include on labels.
Labeling Error Proofing
No matter who great the design of your label, it will not be a success if there is an error, and your product will suffer because of it. Labels must be complete, legible, and clear in all senses to make the product they are displaying sell successfully. With these common errors, a label may make or break a product’s success.
At United Label, labeling error proofing is a way of life. Contact us today for a free estimate at (973) 589-6500.